March 25 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp plans to reorganize domestic manufacturing operations across group companies to consolidate production of similar vehicles regardless of brand, the Nikkei business daily said. This move is aimed at boosting productivity, lowering costs and ensuring quality, the newspaper said. The company makes vehicles in Japan at 18 plants, including four of its own and facilities operated by manufacturing units as well as Daihatsu Motor Co and Hino Motors Ltd . ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Toyota to realign Japan manufacturing ops - Nikkei" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642