March 26 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp will reduce output capacity of its Derbyshire, UK-based plant in August, the Nikkei business daily reported. The newspaper said that Toyota will shut down one of the two assembly lines and cut capacity by about 120,000 units from 290,000 units. About 750 employees, representing about 20 percent of the workforce, will be offered early retirement, the Nikkei said. The production cut is part of Toyota's efforts to improve profitability at the plant ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Toyota to reduce production at UK plant - Nikkei" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642