(Adds links to related stories) * Toyota in discussions with NHTSA on proposed fix * Sources say fix would involve spacer for flawed pedals * Recall will take months to finish, could crimp output By Bernie Woodall and Kevin Krolicki DETROIT, Jan 28 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp is consulting with U.S. safety regulators on a fix that would allow it to avoid the more costly option of shipping brand new accelerators for over 2 million Americans with vehicles under recall, two people ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Toyota reviewing pedal fix with U.S. regulators" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.