(Recasts with information from company, background) TOKYO, Jan 31 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp. said on Monday it would boost output capacity at its Thai truck plant by one-fifth to 300,000 units a year at the end of next month to meet brisk demand for its new IMV model. A spokesman said no new plant was planned, denying a report in the Nihon Keizai Shimbun business daily that Japan's top auto maker planned to invest about 50 billion yen ($486.4 million) to build a third assembly plant ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Toyota says to boost Thai pickup capacity 20 pct" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642