(Adds details, background) TOKYO, Nov 29 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp said its rechargeable Prius PHV plug-in hybrid would be priced from 3.2 million yen ($41,000) in Japan, higher than it flagged two years ago, as it aims to keep the lead in fuel-efficient electric vehicles. Toyota's first plug-in model adds an external charging function and more batteries to the popular Prius to enable longer-distance driving on electricity alone. Toyota's entry into the plug-in hybrid segment ups ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Toyota says Prius PHV to sell for $41,000 in Japan" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642