(Adds quotes, details, background) By Steve Gorman LOS ANGELES, Oct 28 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp. has reached an out-of-court settlement to a $40 million lawsuit brought against the Japan-based automaker by a quadriplegic over an allegedly flawed seat belt system, the plaintiff's lawyer said on Monday. The two sides agreed not to disclose the terms of the settlement, which was reached last Friday with the help of mediation from a judge four days after the case went to trial, said ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Toyota settles $40 mln US lawsuit by quadriplegic" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.