(Adds Toyota comment in paragraph seven) TOKYO, May 1 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp will build an engine plant in the northern Chinese city of Changchun by 2005 and its Hino Motors unit will start producing trucks and diesel engines in Shanghai from 2004, a Japanese newspaper said on Thursday. Toyota, Japan's biggest auto maker but a laggard in China, is rapidly expanding its presence in the burgeoning Chinese car market. Early in April, Toyota announced a plan to expand its alliance ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Toyotato build engine plant in China-Nikkei" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.