(Adds details, opening stock price) DETROIT, June 30 (Reuters) - One of the largest investors in General Motors Corp. on Friday urged the world's largest automaker to consider a three-way partnership with Nissan Motor Corp. and Renault SA , sending shares of GM up sharply in opening trade. In a letter to GM Chief Executive Rick Wagoner, Tracinda Corp., the investment arm for billionaire investor Kirk Kerkorian, suggested the automaker form a committee to "immediately and fully explore" ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Tracinda urges GM to consider Nissan-Renault tie-up" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.