* Search for successor is on; external candidates considered * Challenge is to rationalise Tata's 98 companies * Some companies loss-making, total group profit modest * Succession important issue in Indian dynasties * Telecom scandal mars Tata's high ethics image (Adds new company results in paragraph 20) By Jui Chakravorty MUMBAI, May 27 (Reuters) - Ratan Tata, retiring soon as chairman of India's sprawling Tata conglomerate, is known for making sketches of the company's next ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Tradition, sprawl confront next Tata Group leader" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.