* Think-tank close to Merkel shut down in UAE * Merkel says all foreign foundations there being closed * UAE wary of spread of Arab Spring (Adds Merkel, more background) BERLIN, March 29 (Reuters) - The Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS), a German think-tank which promotes democracy abroad and is close to Chancellor Angela Merkel's conservatives, said on Thursday authorities in Abu Dhabi had ordered it to shut its office there without giving a reason. Merkel said the emirate had informed Berlin ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-UAE shuts German pro-democracy office in Abu Dhabi" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.