(Adds statement from American Axle, details on union statement, background) DETROIT, Feb 26 (Reuters) - The United Auto Workers began a strike against auto parts maker American Axle & Manufacturing Holdings Inc shortly after midnight on Tuesday after failing to reach agreement on a new contract. Workers in Detroit walked off the job shortly after midnight and quickly formed a picket at a gate carrying signs that read "Unfair Labor Practices" and "On Strike." The UAW contract ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-UAW goes on strike against American Axle" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.