(Adds details, background, UAW comments) DETROIT, Sept 26 (Reuters) - The United Auto Workers union said on Wednesday it had reached a tentative deal in contract talks with General Motors Corp and recessed a nationwide strike by 73,000 workers that began on Monday. Speaking at a news conference at the union's Detroit headquarters, UAW President Ron Gettelfinger said production at GM facilities would resume on Wednesday and ratification of the agreement by GM workers would begin this ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-UAW has tentative GM deal, production to resume" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.