(Adds quote, voting dates, stock price, background) DETROIT, May 24 (Reuters) - The head of the United Auto Workers union said on Tuesday that the union's leadership supported a restructuring plan that ailing auto parts supplier Visteon Corp. recently reached with its former parent Ford Motor Co. . "The council is unanimously recommending it," UAW President Ron Gettelfinger told reporters. He spoke after a meeting with UAW officials in downtown Detroit where details of the turnaround ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-UAW leadership backs Visteon turnaround plan" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.