(Adds results from Alabama local in paragraph 12, edits) By David Bailey CHICAGO, June 28 (Reuters) - A vote by members of the United Auto Workers (UAW) union on wage and benefit cuts at bankrupt car parts maker Delphi Corp. saw strong support from several locals, but met stiff opposition at one New York unit. The UAW leadership is expected to release results on Friday of the vote at numerous local units on a deal that includes pay and benefit cuts and eventual plant closings Delphi ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-UAW members back Delphi deal in early returns" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.