(Updates throughout with background, details on Ford contract workers job cuts) By Justin Hyde DETROIT, Sept 30 (Reuters) - The United Auto Workers union said on Tuesday its members had ratified new four-year contracts with Ford Motor Co. and Visteon Corp. that allow Ford to close four plants employing nearly 4,600 people. The new UAW contracts cover more than 72,000 workers at Ford and more than 21,000 workers at Visteon, as well as more than 77,000 retirees and 24,000 surviving ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-UAW ratifies deals with Ford, Visteon" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.