(Adds details throughout, bylines) By Kevin Krolicki and Poornima Gupta DETROIT, Sept 24 (Reuters) - General Motors Corp workers at plants in Michigan, Ohio and Kansas began walking off the job and organizing pickets as a national strike against the automaker began on Monday. "We're on strike. It's too late to call us back now," United Auto Workers Local President Chris "Tiny" Sherwood told Reuters as a union-imposed strike deadline passed at 11 a.m. EDT (1500 GMT). UAW local leaders ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-UAW strikes GM as talks fail to produce deal" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642