(Recasts first paragraph, adds details, background, quotes, bylines) By Jui Chakravorty and Poornima Gupta DETROIT, March 27 (Reuters) - United Auto Workers union President Ron Gettelfinger said on Tuesday the union is not looking to strike, but kept the option open as the UAW prepares to negotiate a new contract with the auto industry this summer. "Our union does not want to strike, but when employers act as if collective bargaining is a one-way street, not a two-way street, then we ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-UAW vows to fight auto industry pressure for cuts" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.