* Government reports higher orders through scrappage scheme * 35,000 since scheme announced on April 22 * Industry body SMMT says waiting for actual sales figures (Recasts, adds background, SMMT comment) LONDON, May 29 (Reuters) - Britain's car scrappage scheme has boosted orders of new cars by 35,000 vehicles since it was announced in the April Budget, the government said on Friday. British car sales have been falling sharply this year as the recession has cut into household and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-UK car scrappage boosts orders by 35,000" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642