(Adds consumer, industry and analyst comments) By Georgina Prodhan LONDON, June 30 (Reuters) - Britain's competition watchdog launched an investigation on Monday into whether dealer warranties on new cars distort the five-billion-pound ($8.25 billion) annual market for vehicle servicing and repairs. In addition to the manufacturer's guarantee new cars in Britain are often sold with an extended warranty from the dealer, but these are normally invalidated if the car is serviced anywhere ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-UK competition watchdog to probe car warranties" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642