(Adds detail) LONDON, Aug 24 (Reuters) - British construction machinery group JCB said on Thursday it was interesting in buying carmaker Jaguar from U.S. owner Ford Motor Co . A JCB spokeswoman confirmed a report in the Financial Times newspaper which said JCB Chairman Anthony Bamford would only want to buy Jaguar if Ford was prepared to split the loss-making carmaker from Land Rover. Ford's Premier Automotive Group (PAG) declined to comment. Ford bought Jaguar in 1989 for 1.6 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-UK's JCB says interested in buying Jaguar" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.