* To invest 60 mln euros in increasing capacity * Sees demand for newer type cathode materials surging * Materials to be used for PC notebooks and green vehicles (Adds detail) BRUSSELS, March 31 (Reuters) - Specialty materials group Umicore will more than triple its annual output of materials needed for rechargeable batteries used in hybrid and electric vehicles by 2013, anticipating a surge in demand. The group said on Wednesday it would invest 60 million euros ($80.56 million) to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Umicore to invest in battery material production" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.