(Adds works council comment, background, share) HANOVER, Germany, Aug 19 (Reuters) - Labour union IG Metall will demand a 4 percent pay increase from carmaker Volkswagen AG when the two sides meet for wage talks next month, the union said on Thursday. The closely watched talks covering some 100,000 workers in VW's six western German plants are due to start on September 15 and wrap up by late October. Europe's biggest carmaker is seeking to reduce labour costs by 30 percent by 2011. VW ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Union demands 4 pct pay rise in Volkswagen talks" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.