By Michael Ellis DETROIT, Nov 21 (Reuters) - General Motors Corp.'s train locomotive unit said on Friday it won an order to build 175 locomotives for Union Pacific Corp. , while a top union official said that talks to sell the GM business has cleared a major hurdle. "We have been communicating internally with employees and suppliers about (the deal with Union Pacific) this week," Curt Swenson, a spokesman for GM's Electro-Motive told Reuters. Delivery of the locomotives is scheduled to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Union Pacific orders 175 locomotives from GM unit" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.