(Adds background and detail throughout) By Tom Brown DETROIT, Sept 26 (Reuters) - Rank-and-file members of the United Auto Workers have approved a new four-year labor contract with the struggling Chrysler unit of DaimlerChrysler , the union said on Friday. It did not give voting results on the contract, which calls for four plant closings and thousands of expected layoffs at Chrysler, and union spokesman Roger Kerson declined comment. In the past the UAW, whose membership has ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Union workers ratify Chrysler contract - UAW" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642