(Adds Nielsen comment, byline) By Michele Gershberg NEW YORK, May 26 (Reuters) - U.S. advertising spending rose 7 percent in the first quarter to $24.2 billion, backing the view that an ad industry recovery is growing stronger, tracking firm Nielsen Media Research said on Wednesday. The preliminary first-quarter results outpace growth predicted by ad industry forecasters for all of 2004 and do not include Internet advertising spending, which is expected to surge as much as 20 percent ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-US ad spending up 7 pct in first quarter-Nielsen" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.