(Recasts with new co-sponsor, details of hearing) By Susan Cornwell WASHINGTON, April 26 (Reuters) - Legislation to create a $140 billion asbestos compensation fund picked up another sponsor on Tuesday and supporters insisted the bill could withstand a constitutional challenge if it becomes law. Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Sen. Arlen Specter announced at the end of a hearing on the bill that Republican colleague Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina had signed on as a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-U.S. asbestos bill gains another sponsor" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642