(Updates with stock prices, Sonic comment on financial issue) DETROIT, July 30 (Reuters) - Two major auto dealer groups reported sharply higher second-quarter profits on Tuesday, driven by acquisitions of new franchises and strong sales of new vehicles. But shares of Sonic Automotive Inc. , the nation's second-largest dealer group, closed down more than 14 percent on the New York Stock Exchange despite the rise in its results, after the company said it was changing the way it accounts ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-U.S. auto dealer groups post higher profits" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.