(adds June consumer confidence in 12th paragraph, recasts first and last paragraphs) By Justin Hyde DETROIT, June 28 (Reuters) - U.S. auto sales are expected to bounce back in June from a surprising slump in May as a boost in incentives lures more buyers to showrooms, industry analysts said this week. Strong June sales would offer reassurance that American consumers are still willing to spend. But another weak month would raise a much stronger warning signal about the health of the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-U.S. auto sales seen rebounding in June" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.