* Oshkosh Corp makes the new off-road armored vehicles * First new armored trucks arrive in Afghanistan * Pentagon says production ahead of schedule (Recasts adding that production on schedule, adds Morrell quote, background) WASHINGTON, Sept 30 (Reuters) - The U.S. Defense Department said on Wednesday it would buy more than 6,600 of a new type of Oshkosh Corp -built off-road armored trucks built for U.S. use in Afghanistan, and production was ahead of schedule. Seven of the MRAP ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-US to buy more than 6,600 new trucks for war" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.