(Adds detail, background, quotes, share prices) WASHINGTON, Dec 20 (Reuters) - The U.S. Congressional Budget Office reconfirmed its estimate of claims faced by a proposed national asbestos injury fund at $120 billion to $150 billion in a report released on Tuesday. A rival estimate by economic consulting firm Bates White had said the $140 billion asbestos fund would be quickly swamped by claims that could total between $301 billion and $561 billion. The Bates White estimate lent ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-U.S. CBO reaffirms asbestos fund payout estimate" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.