(Recasts; adds Lieberman, Bustamante) By Tom Doggett WASHINGTON, Aug 29 (Reuters) - Democrats criticized record high U.S. gasoline prices on Friday and demanded that the Bush administration investigate if big oil companies were gouging consumers at the pump. Democratic Rep. Edward Markey of Massachusetts sent a letter to U.S. Energy Secretary Spencer Abraham on Friday asking for a probe into the skyrocketing of motor fuel costs that occurred just as many Americans took to the roads for ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-US Energy Dept asked to probe gasoline price rise" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.