* US envisions 60-90 day bankruptcy timeframe * Canada gets 12 percent of GM * GM to seek to pay suppliers, continue warranties (Adds first day bankruptcy court motions, quotes) By John Crawley WASHINGTON, May 31 (Reuters) - General Motors Corp will file for bankruptcy protection on Monday to complete a restructuring within three months that will give U.S. taxpayers a 60 percent stake for $50 billion in aid, an Obama administration official said on Sunday night. The total includes ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-U.S. gets 60 pct of GM after bankruptcy-official" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.