(Refiles to fix typo in paragraph 5) By Richard Valdmanis NEW YORK, Aug 26 (Reuters) - The number of U.S. travelers jumping into their cars this Labor Day holiday weekend is expected to be the highest in eight years, as more Americans favor driving over flying, a travel group said on Tuesday. Some 28.2 million people plan to drive 50 miles or more this weekend, up 2.2 percent from last year to the highest level since 1995, according to a survey by the American Automobile Association ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-US holiday driving to hit 8-yr high this wkend-AAA" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.