* Extension would run through Sept. 30, 2010 * Proposal does not change "clunker" terms * Senate expected to act, White House supports bid (adds sales figure, senators comments) WASHINGTON, July 31 (Reuters) - The U.S. House of Representatives approved on Friday a $2 billion extension of the "Cash-for-Clunkers" automobile sales incentive program. The Democratic proposal would run through Sept. 30, 2010, and tap funds from an Energy Department loan guarantee program included in the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-US House OKs $2 bln in new autos "clunker" funds" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.