* Measure now heads to full House * Regulators would get more authority, fines capped * Republicans say plan still too tough, plan amendments * Bill requires electric cars make some noise for safety (Recasts, adds electric cars, judicial review, industry comment) By John Crawley WASHINGTON, May 26 (Reuters) - Legislation enhancing the power of regulators to force auto recalls, create rules to prevent unintended acceleration, and require quiet-runnning electric cars make some noise ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-US House panel backs bill prompted by Toyota saga" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642