(Adds background) WASHINGTON, June 30 (Reuters) - Legislation to stop underfunding of U.S. corporate pensions and avoid a possible taxpayer bailout of the agency that insures them cleared the U.S. House Education and the Workforce Committee on Thursday. Modeled after a Bush administration measure, the bill requires companies to erase the shortfalls in their "defined benefit" pension plans and pay higher premiums to the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corp. (PBGC), the federal agency that ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-US House panel okays pension reform bill" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.