(adds consumer group reaction, paragraph 13) By John Crawley WASHINGTON, June 23 (Reuters) - The Bush administration on Monday issued the first new rules in more than 30 years for testing vehicle tire performance, but regulators retreated from their initial recommendation for tougher standards. The update ordered by Congress in the wake of the deadly Firestone tire debacle and finalized by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration will cover nearly 300 million new tires when ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-U.S. issues rules for tire testing, SUVs emphasized" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642