(Adds Chrysler response) By John Crawley WASHINGTON, Feb 28 (Reuters) - South Korean and U.S. automakers on Thursday broke Japan's two-year sweep of the top picks list ranked by Consumer Reports and four new models made the grade this year. In a first for a South Korean manufacturer, the Hyundai Motor Co Elantra SE was the top small sedan and the Santa Fe, also made by Hyundai, was the top mid-sized sport utility vehicle. The redesigned Chevrolet Silverado, made by General Motors ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-U.S., Korean vehicles crack Consumer Reports list" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642