(Adds comments by PIRG attorney, survey from Consumers Union) By Tom Doggett WASHINGTON, May 27 (Reuters) - America should end its love affair with gas guzzlers to cool down red-hot prices at the pumps and cut oil imports, a consumer group urged on Thursday. Indeed, U.S. drivers would save millions of dollars in gasoline costs this Memorial Day weekend if the federal government had required stricter fuel efficiency for minivans, sport utility vehicles (SUVs) and even passenger cars, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-U.S. needs stronger car fuel standards - group" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642