(Adds comments from environmental group) By Tom Doggett WASHINGTON, Feb 16 (Reuters) - Congress should shield oil companies that make the fuel additive MTBE from water pollution lawsuits because the product was approved by the government to produce cleaner gasoline, the head of the American Petroleum Institute said on Wednesday. The controversial protection from product liability lawsuits is a key reason why a broad energy bill died last year in the U.S. Senate. House Republican ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-U.S. oil industry asks Congress for lawsuit relief" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.