(Adds UK minister's comment, paras 9-12 PARIS, April 28 (Reuters) - The United States sought international backing on Monday for a plan to cut dependence on oil imports and switch cars to a "hydrogen economy". U.S. Energy Secretary Spencer Abraham said hydrogen was the single most important issue in improving the security of energy supply to Western economies. "A hydrogen economy is some way in the distance, but President Bush envisages that a child born now will have the opportunity ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-U.S. seeks support for fuel shift to hydrogen" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.