(Adds quotes, background, market reaction) WASHINGTON, Jan 24 (Reuters) - U.S. Senate floor debate on a bill to create a $140 billion fund to compensate asbestos victims will begin on Feb. 6, Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Arlen Specter said on Tuesday. "That's the day we will open the arguments on, opening statements on asbestos," Specter, a Pennsylvania Republican, said at a committee meeting. He is co-sponsor of the asbestos bill along with Vermont Democratic Sen. Patrick Leahy. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-US Senate debate on asbestos begins Feb 6--Specter" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642