(Recasts, adds details, quote, background) WASHINGTON, Feb 24 (Reuters) - U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Arlen Specter indicated on Thursday he is resisting Republican attempts to reduce the size of a proposed $140 billion fund to compensate asbestos victims. Specter told a news conference he will meet next Tuesday with Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist and other Republicans to try to resolve differences over his asbestos proposal. He said some Republicans wanted to reduce ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-US senator resisting cut in asbestos claims fund" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.