* Cars 'talk' to each other to stop crashes, traffic jams * Wireless technology sees more than current radar systems * "Talking" cars might avert or allay 80 pct of crashes By Deepa Seetharaman ANN ARBOR, Mich., Aug 21 (Reuters) - Michael Knight in the television series "Knight Rider" had one. Pixar made a movie about them. Now the U.S. government is testing a fleet of so-called "talking" cars that may help American drivers ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-US testing 'talking' cars to avoid crashes, congestion" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.