(Adds background, quotes) WASHINGTON, Feb 25 (Reuters) - The U.S. Treasury Department will likely exit its investment in GMAC Financial Services this year through a gradual sale of shares following a public offering, two senior Treasury officials said on Thursday. The auto finance giant is now capitalized at levels well above historical industry averages, said Ron Bloom, senior advisor to Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner, and Jim Millstein, chief restructuring officer at the Treasury ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-U.S. Treasury likely to exit GMAC via share sale" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.