(Adds GM no comment, finance companies qualify for some aid) WASHINGTON, Oct 30 (Reuters) - The U.S. Treasury Department is not negotiating with General Motors Corp and the owners of Chrysler LLC on a request to provide direct government aid to their proposed merger, a Bush administration official said on Thursday. Instead, the administration is working to speed the distribution to automakers of $25 billion in factory retooling funds authorized by Congress last month, the official told ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-US Treasury not negtiating new GM aid-official" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.