(adds DOT comment) WASHINGTON, Feb 27 (Reuters) - Consumer, labor and safety groups sought on Monday to overturn a revised U.S. regulation on rest rules for truckers that permitted them to drive longer, saying the government continues to ignore driver health. Public Citizen said the Transportation Department (DOT) standard that took effect in October is virtually identical to the one unveiled by the DOT in 2003 and struck down by a federal appeals court the next year. "That (DOT) chose ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-US trucker fatigue rule challenged again in court" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.