* US proposes standard for trucks for first time * Automakers pressed for extension of single standard * Environmental groups applaud step in wake of BP spill (Recasts, adds Obama remarks, background) WASHINGTON, May 21 (Reuters) - President Barack Obama unveiled a U.S. government push on Friday to boost auto fuel economy for model-year 2017 passenger vehicles and beyond, and introduce a truck efficiency target for the first time. Obama's policy initiative, characterized by leading ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-US unveils new push for more efficient cars, trucks" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.