* Q3 quarterly loss widens from year ago * Axing 2,000 hourly and 800 salaried jobs * Sees continued pressure in fourth quarter DETROIT, Oct 30 (Reuters) - Auto parts maker Visteon Corp posted a wider quarterly loss on Thursday and said it is slashing 2,800 jobs in response to "extremly difficult market conditions." The company, which has been in a three-year restructuring launched shortly after a bailout by former parent Ford Motor Co in 2005, also lowered its full-year 2008 outlook ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Visteon posts loss, cutting 2,800 jobs" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.