* VW factory, after new hires, will have 3,500 workers * One in four VWs sold in U.S. made at the plant By By Bernie Woodall CHATTANOOGA, Tenn., March 22 (Reuters) - Volkswagen AG will add 800 jobs at its only U.S. plant to increase production of the Passat sedan, the company said on Thursday. The new hires will be added to the Chattanooga plant's existing workforce of 2,200 Volkswagen workers and another 500 who work for a contract firm called Aerotek. The plant will not add another shift, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 1-Volkswagen to add 800 workers at Tennessee plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.